We are all concerned about our looks. Any imperfection of the skin can spoil our looks and moods. Many teenagers, as well as adults, have to face the dilemma of having skin blemishes at some point of their lives. Blemishes (discoloration or dark spots) on any part of the skin occur due to pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, boil, etc. they can be a result of hormonal imbalance, heredity, excessive sun exposure, improper skin care or diet, and aging.
The market is full of products claiming to help get rid of blemishes and make your skin glow. But these products are mostly expensive and full of chemicals that sometimes prove to harm rather than cure. Blemishes are quite common and can be prevented and cured with simple home remedies that are inexpensive as well as readily available around the house. Some natural tips to try are:
• Prevention: We all know that prevention is better than cure. Treat acne, blackheads, as soon as they appear and never prick a pimple or remove blackheads forcefully.
• Maintain a skin care routine: A regular skin care regime is enough to keep the skin free from impurities which result in acne, blackheads, and whiteheads.
• Avoid excessive sun: Staying out in the sun too much can also cause acne and blemishes. Use a sunscreen with minimum SPF15 every time you go out.
• Calamine lotion: calamine lotion is also effective in absorbing the excess oil from the skin and helps reduce blemishes. Apply calamine lotion to the affected areas of skin frequently.
• Ice cubes: Ice also helps cool the skin and reduce the inflammation that causes blemishes. Rub ice cube on the skin for a few minutes every day.
• Aloe Vera: The plant of aloe Vera has been used for many beauty products through the history. Cut the leaf of aloe Vera in half and extract the gel from inside. Use the gel on face and body blemishes. The remedy is effective for removing blemishes.
• Tomato juice: Tomatoes are excellent for lightening the skin and reducing skin blemishes. Clean your face with a mixture of tomatoes juice and lemon juice. The remedy also helps in removing suntan.
• Potatoes: Rub slices of potato the affected areas of the skin. This will help minimize the appearance of blemishes as well as scars caused by acne.
For glowing and radiant skin, make sure you drink plenty of water throughout the day. Water helps to clean and detoxify the skin. It is also essential to eat a healthy diet which is enriched with fresh fruits and vegetables. If your skin is bright, your blemishes will also be less visible.
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Top Ways To Exfoliate Your Skin
February 22, 2017
Morning Skin Routine
February 17, 2017
Ways to prevent Razor Bumps with Organic Skin Care Products